Focus: GS III: Security Challenges
Why in News?
Indian Air Force will soon kick off Cope India’ exercise with the US Air Force (USAF) at the Kalaikunda airbase in West Bengal.
About Exercise Cope India:
- Cope India is a bilateral joint exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the United States Air Force (USAF).
- The exercise began in 2004 as a fighter training exercise.
- Over time, it has evolved to include subject matter expert exchanges, air mobility training, airdrop training, and large-force exercises, in addition to fighter-training exercises.
- The exercise aims to enhance operational capability and interoperability between the two air forces.
- The last edition of the exercise was held in 2019.