A bilateral joint military exercise “NOMADIC ELEPHANT-23” is scheduled to be conducted between India and Mongolia at Ulaanbaatar from 17 to 31 July 2023.
GS III: Security Challenges
About Exercise Nomadic Elephant:
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is the 15th edition of a bilateral joint military exercise.
- It is an annual training event conducted alternately in Mongolia and India.
- The exercise involves soldiers from the Mongolian Armed Forces Unit 084 and Indian Army soldiers from the JAMMU AND KASHMIR LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment.
- The aim of the exercise is to build positive military relations, exchange best practices, develop interoperability, and foster camaraderie and friendship between the two armies.
- The primary focus of the exercise is on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain under the United Nations mandate.
- The exercise includes a platoon-level Field Training Exercise (FTX) in which Indian and Mongolian troops will participate.
- Training activities during the exercise will cover endurance training, reflex firing, room intervention, small team tactics, and rock craft training.
- The soldiers from both sides will have the opportunity to learn from each other’s operational experiences, enhancing their skills and capabilities.
-Source: The Hindu