Indian Force will join 16 other nations later this month for Exercise Pitch Black, hosted by the Australian Air Force.
GS III: Security Challenges
About Exercise Pitch Black
- It’s a biennial exercise to enhance interoperability and strengthen relationships among participants.
- It will provide Indian Air Force a unique opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience with these nations in a dynamic warfare environment.
- It provides all nations’ personnel with experience in working with aircraft, systems, and work practices, in northern Australia’s unique environment, that would otherwise be unfamiliar.
- It will take place in the Southern hemisphere which is hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
- The participants nations this year are Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, UAE, the U.K, and the U.S.