Focus: GS III: Security Challenges
Why in News?
A multilateral strategic and command Exercise Vostok – 2022 has commenced today at the training grounds of the Eastern Military District of Russia from 01 to 07 September 2022.
About Exercise Vostok – 2022:
- The exercise is aimed at interaction and coordination amongst other participating military contingents and observers.
- It will involve troops from several ex-Soviet nations, China, India, Laos, Mongolia, Nicaragua and Syria.
- The Indian Army was represented by the contingent of troops from 7/8 Gorkha Rifles.
- The Vostok 2022 exercise will be held at seven firing ranges in Russia’s Far East and the Sea of Japan and involve more than 50,000 troops and over 5,000 weapons units, including 140 aircraft and 60 warships.
- The Indian Army contingent will look forward to sharing practical aspects and putting into practice the validated drills, procedures and practice amalgamation of new technology through discussions and tactical exercises.