Why in news?
Government of India has launched a training module for management of COVID-19 named ‘Integrated Govt. Online training’ (iGOT) portal
For What purpose?
For the capacity building of frontline workers to handle the pandemic efficiently
On Ministry of HRD’s DIKSHA platform
Courses on iGOT have been launched for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Hygiene Workers, Technicians, Auxiliary Nursing Midwives (ANMs), State Government Officers, Civil Defence Officers, Various Police Organisations, National Cadet Corps(NCC), NehruYuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), National Service Scheme, Indian Red Cross Society, Bharat Scouts and Guides and other volunteers at the stage.
About Integrated Government Online Training Programme (iGOT)
- Aim: To provide a broad training eco-system creating synergies across various premier training institutes of the country and to cater the training needs which can encompass all the officials in the entire hierarchy of Central and State Governments.
- The IGOT will augment the existing training mechanism with online module-based training coupled with certification on flexitime basis.
- The training will be focussed and targeted to the requirement of the officials.
What is included in IGOT Programme?
- The e-Learning mode provides unparalleled opportunities for training to a large number of civil servants scattered all over the country.
- The latest technologies make available vast resources of learning material and online courses, providing the individuals enormous choices and flexibility in learning.
- It will provide a single point of access to the repository of training resources.
- The training courses under this programme will be accessible through DoPT’s web portal.
- The initiative aims at “Competent Civil Services for Good Governance”.