- Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Focus: GS II- International Groupings
Why in News?
The Vice President led the Indian delegation, including the External Affairs Minister, at the 19th ASEAN-India Summit in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
About the Conference:
- The ASEAN-India High Level Conference will feature 5 technical sessions which would facilitate peer to peer discussions between experts from India and ASEAN on themes of mutual interest.
- The sessions will also offer global audiences including policymakers, professionals, academia and students from around the world a peek into India-ASEAN plans for taking their cooperation in renewables forward.
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising Ten Countries in Southeast Asia.
Click Here To Read More: About The ASEAN Conference
Focus: GS III- Agriculture
Why in News?
The 29th Regional Workshop of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh was inaugurated by the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare at Morena, Madhya Pradesh.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK)
- A Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) is an agricultural extension center in India.
- Usually associated with a local agricultural university, these centers serve as the ultimate link between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and farmers, and aim to apply agricultural research in a practical, localized setting.
- All KVKs fall under the jurisdiction of one of the 11 Agricultural Technology Application Research Institutes (ATARIs) throughout India.
Click Here To Read More: Krishi Vigyan Kendra