- YUDH ABHYAS 22
YUDH ABHYAS 22
Focus: GS III: Security challenges
Why in News?
The 18th edition of Indo – US joint training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 22” is scheduled to be conducted in Uttarakhand this month.
About Yudh Abhyas 2022
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and USA with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures between the Armies of the two nations.
- The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
- The schedule will include all operations related to peace keeping & peace enforcement.
- The troops from both nations will work together to achieve common objectives.
- The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- Troops from both nations will practice launching of swift & coordinated relief efforts in the wake of any natural calamity.
- In order to derive full benefit from the professional skills & experiences of both the armies, a Command Post Exercise and Expert Academic Discussions (EAD) on carefully selected topics will be carried out.
- The scope of the Field Training Exercise includes validation of integrated battle groups, force multipliers, establishment and functioning of surveillance grids, validation of operational logistics, mountain warfare skills, casualty evacuation and combat medical aid in adverse terrain and climatic conditions.
- The exercise will involve exchanges and practices on a wide spectrum of combat skills including combat engineering, employment of UAS/Counter UAS techniques and information operations
- The exercise will facilitate both Armies to share their wide experiences, skills and enhance their techniques through information exchange.