- United Arab Emirates for holding the first ever such Congress
- Sports Ministry’s TOP Scheme Funds
- launch of Vikram-suborbital (VKS) rocket
United Arab Emirates For holding the first ever such Congress
- First World Media Congress (Global Media congress) entitled “Shaping the Future of the Media Industry”.
- The event is held under the auspices of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Presidential Court, Mansour bin Zayed al Nahya, and will run until November 17.
- The Congress is organized by the Adnec Group in collaboration with the Emirati news agency (Wam) and is accompanied by an emotion of the various operators in the media industry sector with the aim of offering the opportunity to companies and institutions to discuss partnerships and cooperation arrangements.
Sports Ministry’s TOP Scheme Funds
- Funding would cover Vinesh and her physio’s flight, accommodation, local travel, and food costs among others TOPS will also provide her an out-of-pocket allowance of $50 per day for any other expense she might incur
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) has approved wrestler Vinesh Phogat’s proposal to train in Belmeken, Bulgaria, which is a High-Altitude training area situated approximately 2600m above sea level.
- Vinesh, who is accompanied by her physio Ashwini Patil, is training under former Olympic Silver medallist Serafim Barzakov at the camp which is going to last for 19 days (7-26 November 2022).
- The international camp is also expected to have other top wrestlers such as Bilyana Dudova (2021 World Championship Gold medallist), Evelina Nikolova (2020 Olympic Bronze medallist) among many other prominent wrestlers.
- Funding for the same is being provided under Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) and would cover Vinesh and her physio’s flight, accommodation, local travel, and food costs among others. TOPS will also provide her an out-of-pocket allowance of $50 per day for any other expense she might incur.
- TOPS is also set to financially assist Tokyo Olympic Bronze Medallist Bajrang Punia in taking part in the Bill Farrell International Wrestling Championship, which would be held in New York, USA from 18-19th November 2022.
launch of Vikram-suborbital (VKS) Rocket
Vikram-suborbital (VKS) rocket
- Provide a level playing field for cost-efficient satellite launch services by disrupting the entry barriers and will also help the start-ups to make spaceflights affordable and reliable.
- Space reforms have unleashed innovative potentials of Start-ups and within a short span of time, from a couple of Space Start-ups three-four years back, today we have 102 start-ups working in cutting-edge areas of space debris management, nano-satellite, launch vehicle, ground systems, research etc
- The Minister said, with the integration of R&D, Academia and Industry with equal stake, it is safe to say that a Space Revolution led by ISRO along with the Private Sector and Start- ups is on the horizon.
- PM Modi has enabled India to earn universal recognition for India’s science, technology. innovation capabilities and our Start-ups are much sought after. The whole world is looking at India as an inspirational place, as it is helping budding countries in capacity building and satellite building including nanosatellites.
- Applications of Space Technology to different sectors like Railways, Highways, Agriculture, Water Mapping, Smart Cities, Telemedicine and Robotic Surgery, which brought ‘case of living for common man.
- Similar applications of Atomic Energy in areas like Nuclear Agriculture and Crop Improvement, Agri-Technologies for plant and soil health and Radiation technologies for food preservation, radiation processing of fruits and vegetables and radiation-based technologies for augmenting crop growth and water conservation are perfect examples of developmental mandate of Space and Atomic Energy Sectors from their traditional roles of Satellite launch and production of clean energy.