Why in news:
Ministry of Tourism launches ‘Stranded in India’ portal to help foreign tourists stuck in various parts of India.
- The portal will disseminate information regarding the services that can be availed by foreign tourists who have stuck far away from their homeland.
- It aims to act as a support network for foreign tourists stuck in various parts of the country.
- It consists of the following
information that will be useful for the tourists in their time of need:
- Comprehensive information around COVID-19 helpline numbers or call-centres that the foreign tourists can reach out to for help.
- A variety of information around the Ministry of External Affairs control centres along with their contact information.
- Information around state-based/regional tourism support infrastructure.
- Help Support section to extend help to the ones in need of further information and connect foreign tourists to concerned authorities.