NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) is a military alliance made up of 30 countries from Europe, North America, and Asia.
The recent Ukraine war erupted as a result of Ukraine’s desire to join NATO, an anti-USSR alliance formed during the Cold War to fight USSR expansion.
Russia has long been apprehensive of its adversary’s growing strength and falling might. The final nail in the coffin for Russia’s patience was NATO’s expansion to its doorstep.
NATO’s role in limiting expansion of Russia
- NATO is made up of the combined military force of world states. During times of military tension, member countries will get enhanced military help from allies.
- NATO nations will have access to economic incentives offered by the United States and other This will allow them to align their economy with that of Western nations.
For these countries, the threat of Russian occupation is constantly present. By joining NATO, they are ensuring their independence from Russian attack.
NATO’s role in Ukraine’s current problem
- Russia’s traditional sphere of influence was Eastern Europe. Russia views the invasion of Western powers as a symbol of Western aggression.
- NATO and Russia agreed after the fall of the Soviet Union that the alliance would not As a result of NATO’s rapid expansion,
erecting military infrastructure
- Several NATO member countries have established military bases close to Russia’s Russia’s security would have been jeopardized if Ukraine had joined the European Union.
- Creating a safe haven between the United States and Russia is the most effective method to end the As a result, global harmony will be preserved.