Focus: GS-III Indian Economy
Why in news?
- The 14th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue (DPD) was held via video conferencing.
- Both sides held discussions on a number of issues of bilateral defence engagements between India and Singapore.
- Both sides committed to further enhance the security partnership between the two countries.
- The Singapore-India Defence Policy Dialogue was established under the revised Defence Cooperation Agreement signed in 2015.
- It serves as a regular forum for both countries to discuss mutual defence cooperation, as well as exchange views on strategic issues and geopolitical developments.