Why in News?
The Centre’s healthcare Insurance Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PM-JAY) has de-empanelled 171 hospitals of the 19,000+ empanelled hospitals.
The National Anti-Fraud Unit (NAFU) at the NHA detected the frauds.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has joined hands with international giant Google to collaborate as well as strengthen the implementation of government’s flagship health insurance scheme, Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- PM-JAY is a centrally sponsored scheme (CSS) that launched in 2018.
- The scheme aims to make interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems. It covers both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically.
- The National Health Authority is the successor of National Health Agency.
- The Ayushman Bharat scheme aims at covering 10 crore poor families providing health coverage of 5 lakh rupees per family. The scheme is recently being criticized wide