Focus: GS III: Security Challenges
Why in News?
The 12th Edition of Exercise Agni Warrior, a bilateral exercise between the Singapore & Indian Army, concluded at Field Firing Ranges, Devlali (Maharashtra).
About Exercise Agni Warrior
- Exercise Agni Warrior, involved showcasing joint firepower planning, execution and use of New Generation Equipment by the Artillery arm of both armies.
- Exercise also included participation by both sides in a joint computer war-game as part of joint planning process.
- Both sides utilised niche technology and Artillery Observation Simulators as part of joint training phase.
- Expert academic discussions were conducted on modern trends in Artillery and refinement of Artillery planning process.
- Indigenously manufactured Artillery guns and howitzers also participated during the final phase of the exercise.
- The exercise achieved its aim of enhancing mutual understanding of drills & procedures and improving interoperability between the two armies.