Focus: GS II- Governance
Why in News?
PARIMAN: The Geo-Portal for NCR made Public
- National Capital Region (NCR) is presently spread over 55,083 Sq. Kms and has four participating states (24 Districts and entire NCT of Delhi) as its constituent area.
- For the purpose of effective utilization of Remote Sensing and GIS technology, a web geo-portal has been developed through National Informatics Centre (NIC), initially for use by NCR Participating states and the Office of NCRPB.
- This Geo-Portal will help to improve decentralized planning and management in NCR region.
- The Portal consists of around 179 Layers presented as Line, Point & Polygon feature covering details of various sectors like Land Use, Transport, Industries, Water, Power, Health, Shelter, Heritage & Tourism, Disaster Management, etc.
- With an intent of optimum utilization of resources in Public interest, NCRPB has made the Geo-Portal open to Public.