The Ministry of Skill Development recently launched the Skill India Digital (SID) platform.
GS II: Government policies and Interevntions
Skill India Digital (SID) Platform
- Purpose: SID serves as India’s Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI) for skill development, education, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- Objective: It aims to consolidate various skilling initiatives, offering skill development and entrepreneurial support to individuals.
- Development: Developed by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with industry partners, part of the World Bank-assisted Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) program.
- Alignment: The platform aligns with the G20 framework for building Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI) and supports the digital economy.
- Offers 264+ skilling courses from 42,623 centers across India.
- Available for download on App Store and Google Play Store.
- Supports multiple Indian languages and uses Aadhaar-based eKYC for secure access.
- User-friendly interface adaptable to various devices.
- Utilizes Aadhar-enabled facial recognition, AI, and machine learning to recommend customized courses.
- Integrates government training programs at both Central and State levels.
- Introduces Digitally Verified Credentials (DVCs) for secure skills and qualification presentation.
- Provides Digital CVs with personalized QR Codes for easy access to individual skills and experiences.