Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, the President of India presented the “Bhoomi Samman” 2023 at a function organised by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi
Bhoomi Samman Awards: Recognizing Excellence in Digital India Land Records Modernization
The Bhoomi Samman Awards aim to acknowledge and encourage exceptional performance in the implementation of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
Madhya Pradesh’s Achievement:
- Madhya Pradesh has earned the prestigious first position in the country for its remarkable efforts in advancing the Digital India Land Records modernization initiative.
Platinum Grading for Excellence:
- Fifteen districts in Madhya Pradesh have been honored with Platinum Grading, a top-tier recognition, for achieving 100 percent success in all components of the Digital India Land Records Management Programme.
Center-State Cooperative Federalism:
- The Bhoomi Samman Awards demonstrate a fine example of cooperative federalism based on trust and partnership between the Central and State governments.
- The grading system relies heavily on the reports and inputs provided by the States and Union Territories, assessing their progress in crucial aspects such as computerization and digitization of land records.
Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP)
- DILRMP is a central sector scheme that falls under the purview of the Department of Land Resources, operating under the Ministry of Rural Development.
- The primary aim of this program is to capitalize on the commonalities found in land records management across various states and develop an Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) nationwide.
Integration and Modernization:
- The ILIMS seeks to integrate all processes and land records databases with various entities, including banks, financial institutions, circle rates, and registration offices.
- This integration is designed to streamline and modernize the management of land-related information.
Major Components: DILRMP comprises three major components:
- Computerization of Land Records: This involves digitizing land records to make them easily accessible, efficient, and transparent for both government agencies and citizens.
- Survey/Re-survey: Accurate and up-to-date surveys are conducted to maintain comprehensive land records.
- Computerization of Registration: The registration process is digitized to enhance efficiency and reduce bureaucratic bottlenecks.