Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Ministry of Ayush is organising a two days National Ayush Mission Conclave in New Delhi.
About the National Ayush Mission:
- Launched in 2014 under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Enhance availability, accessibility, and quality of Ayush healthcare services across the country.
- Implemented through Ayush Health Wellness centers (AHWCs) as part of Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- AYUSH Services
- AYUSH Educational Institutions
- Quality Control of ASU & H Drugs
- Medicinal Plants
Approval and Implementation:
- Union Cabinet has approved the operationalization of 12,500 Ayush HWCs.
- Existing Ayush Dispensaries/Health Sub-centers will be upgraded through State/UT Governments.
- Phased implementation under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
Resource Allocation Framework:
AYUSH Services, Educational Institutions, and Quality Control of ASU & H Drugs:
- Special Category states: 90% grant-in-aid from the Government of India, 10% State contribution.
- Other States/UTs: Sharing pattern of 75% from the Government of India, 25% from the State.
- Central Government finances 100% in North Eastern and hilly states.
- Other states: Sharing ratio of 90:10 between the Center and the State.
- Enhanced accessibility to achieve universal health coverage for affordable treatment.
- Reduced burden on secondary and tertiary health care facilities
- Reduced out of pocket expenditure due to “self-care” model.
- Integration of AYUSH in implementation of SDG 3, as mandated by NITI Aayog
- Validated holistic wellness model in target areas.