Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
The AKRUTI initiative will be launched by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited in the villages surrounding the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP).
- AKRUTI is a programme run by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited to help unemployed youth living near the Tarapur Atomic Power Station (TAPS).
- AKRUTI stands for Advanced Knowledge and Rural Technology Implementation (AKRUTI) program.
- The AKRUTI initiative covers rural areas in the fields of water, food processing, agriculture, and waste management.
- The initiative intends to empower villages by deploying various technologies for their use.
- This programme will result in the rural sector’s long-term expansion across the country.
- To provide information and mechanism for implementation of BARC technologies in rural areas thereby aiming at overall rural development.