Focus: GS-III Indian Economy
Why in news?
Indian Prime Minister Launched the technology platform CHAMPIONS which stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
- The portal is basically for making the smaller units big by solving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding.
- It is an ICT based system is set up to help the MSMEs in present difficult situation and to handhold them to become national and international champions. This makes it a real one-stop-shop solution of MSME Ministry.
- It is a technology packed control room-cum-management information system.
- It is also fully integrated on real time basis with GOI’s main grievances portal CPGRAMS and MSME Ministry’s own other web-based mechanisms.
Detailed objectives of CHAMPIONS:
- Grievance Redressal: To resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labour, regulatory permissions etc particularly in the Covid created difficult situation;
- To help them capture new opportunities: including manufacturing of medical equipments and accessories like PPEs, masks, etc and supply them in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the sparks: i.e. the potential MSMEs which can withstand the current situation and can become national and international champions.