Structure of the Essay:
You can start the introduction through following ways:
- Start with a general introduction/anecdote/an example/a short story/a poem/a quote/a recent event or trend etc which can help in describing the need for self-reliance.
- “Today’s cheap labour is tomorrow’s uneducated, inefficient workforce.”
- Here the statement is true regardless of context and jurisdiction. Thus, the objective is to elaborate and establish the statement with some examples.
- The approach should be to define life in terms of how one handles it rather than external factors that affects it. Some of what has happened in life may be good, some of it may significantly be less than wonderful but life is unpredictable thus the self-esteem, self-confidence is required to face the situations.
- Elaborate the statement ‘what happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him’. “What happens to a man” implies the external circumstances, day to day happenings and the experiences attached with it. “What Happens within him” implies the whole gamut of emotional and thought spectrum which a man experiences within mind.
- It is important to note that some people take the word “man” to be exclusive of Men/Women. Do not subscribe to that notion. The words man and mankind have been inclusive for centuries, and we must continue to believe in that interpretation.
- It is a transition statement between introduction and body of the essay.
- In thesis statement, you should write outline of the body with your own arguments. You should prove these arguments in body of the essay with relevant examples.
Body of the essay:
- Statement is directing to establish significance of internal experiences and state of man’s Heart and Mind in comparison to external circumstances and odds.
- External circumstances talk about the trials and tribulations that happen in life. So many “situations” happen to people. However, what happens inside when life throws “situations” is more important. How the person reacts to life’s trials and tribulations, how deal with it, defines the true personality of an individual.
- Pondering over the decisive force behind the inner happenings, we find the answer – “Attitude”.
- Explain the importance of attitude? The word “attitude” has connotative meaning. Attitude represents the positive or negative mental and neural readiness towards a person, place, thing or event. They strongly influence what we decide to do, where we go what job, we decide to take, where to live, and whether or not to accept a new way of doing things.
- But attitude is formed by the state of mind i.e., what is happening inside. Suppose an individual is in a foul mood then the way of treating people will be different.
- So Inner state affects how the person talk, thinks and live.
Interplay of External and Internal world
- The external happenings do affect the inner one. Even though they are in opposition, but they reinforce each other too. So, a continuous game between external and internal happening is going on.
- Most people spend too much time succumbing to their fears. They consistently talk themselves about past or future courses and leave the present scenario. Worrying about something that won’t happen chips away at self-confidence and is a waste of emotional, mental and physical energy. It also leads to regret and in long term becomes despair and ultimately bitterness.
- Then how to maintain a positive attitude? To excel in this act needs certain knowledge about the mechanism of our inner self. To beat any situations – We need to see the things in proper light.
- Positive attitude is must to bring fruitful change in the society. Positive attitude helps to cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. It brings optimism into life, makes them happier, brighter and more successful. It is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing and strengthening.
- To generate positive attitude knowledge and awareness about one’s emotional state is must. If an individual is aware about its emotional state, then he can look out for solution to the real problem.
- This knowledge will transform attitude and attitude affects thoughts and thoughts affect experiences which can mould external situation to positive. This makes an individual grow better and stronger.
- Include the summary of your major arguments and then include a brief discussion on the theme and its importance in daily life.
- Life will throw all kinds of situations at us over the years. Good situation, less-than-pleasant situation, and downright tough-to-handle situation. How an individual handle it is in his hands so he should take charge of the situation and of life.
- The power to make decision, power to define positive attitude lies within the individual. Choice’s matter, choose wisely.