Structure of the Essay:
You can start the introduction through following ways:
- Start with a general introduction/anecdote/an example/a short story/a poem/a quote/a recent event or trend etc which can help in describing the need for self-reliance.
- Write a historical perspective with previous examples of National Educational Policies since the British colonial era.
- It is a transition statement between introduction and body of the essay.
- In thesis statement, you should write outline of the body with your own arguments. You should prove these arguments in body of the essay with relevant examples.
Body of the essay:
- Need for a new National Education Policy.
- Mention shortcomings of the old policy
- Changing times and the need for innovation.
- Changes in job profile: machine learning, AI, etc.
- With the continuity from the previous point, write about the National Education Policy 2020.
- Write the foundational basis of the policy by linking it with ancient India.
- Write about the provisions of National Education Policy 2020.
- Describe the significance of these provisions.
- Mention various challenges in their implementation.
- Significance of National Education Policy 2020 as a whole.
- Keeping pace with new and emerging technology.
- Importance of early childhood care.
- Imparting practical and Vocational Education.
- Higher Education and its regulation
- Preparing an ecosystem of innovation.
- Preparing leaders and entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
- Challenges of National Education Policy 2020 as a whole.
- Mention economic challenges like – lack of funding, the role of private and foreign investment, the role of states in funding etc.
- Mention political challenges like – issues of Federalism (Coordination and Cooperation among states)
- Discuss social challenges like – Issues of SC/STs and Minorities, Issue of language, the problem of religious education etc.
- Discuss challenges in promoting education which enhances the employability.
- Mention other implementational challenges:
- Challenges involved in Monitoring, evaluation etc.
- Conclude with the positive and futuristic perspective regarding the National Education Policy 2020 and its importance.