Structure of the Essay:
You can start the introduction through following ways:
- Start with a general introduction/anecdote/an example/a short story/a poem/a quote/a recent event or trend etc which can help in describing the need for self-reliance.
- It is a transition statement between introduction and body of the essay.
- In thesis statement, you should write outline of the body with your own arguments. You should prove these arguments in body of the essay with relevant examples.
Body of the essay:
- Mention about the backdrop in which Atmanirbhar Bharat scheme was announced.
- COVID-19 induced lockdown.
- Economic crises.
- Bleak future for global economic landscape.
- India’s reliance on others for medical support.
- India’s import dependence on China in the backdrop of border tension.
- Describe what the Atmanirbhar Bharat means.
- Give a brief history of Swadeshi and link it with Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Mention several government provisions.
- Give examples of various schemes under it.
- Explain the need for Atmanirbhar Bharat in the contemporary world.
- Population and its requirements like employment and standard of life.
- Aspiration for becoming a world power.
- Import dependence for several sectors of the economy.
- Growing protectionism and its impact on Indian Economy.
- Need for the development of indigenous technology.
- Significance of Atmanirbhar scheme.
- Economic: Explain how it will help in economic growth, improving India’s Balance of trade, macroeconomic stability, Insulation from the global crisis, generation of employment etc.
- Political: Explain how it will lead to improving India’s political clout in the world, it will bring social and economic equality leading to political stability etc.
- Social: Explain how it improved livelihood opportunity will have a positive impact on health and nutrition, education, social stability, standard of living etc
- Diplomatic: Explain how non-dependence on other Nations will help India negotiate better deals with them while pursuing its National Interest.
- Discuss how the rising debate on Protectionism Vs Globalisation can impact the initiative of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Discuss several economic challenges like –
- Bleak manufacturing
- Lack of funding
- Lack of innovation
- Discuss political challenges like –
- Resistance to change.
- The politicisation of reforms.
- Discuss diplomatic challenges like –
- Bilateral trade relations with friendly nations.
- Regional trade groups.
- Impediments in promoting export due to diplomatic challenges.
- Discuss social challenges like
- Lack of outcome-based education etc
- Low nutrition affects the cognitive development of children.
- Socio-religious unrest like Communalism and Nasalism.
- Ways to achieve Atmanirbhar Bharat dream
- Preparing the innovation ecosystem
- Focus on Manufacturing
- Focus on Vocational training
- Indigenization of important sectors.
- Conclude with a futuristic perspective about the significance and benefits it will bring,
Note: Add required economic data, schemes and examples wherever possible.