Structure of the Essay:
You can start the introduction through following ways:
- Start with a general introduction/anecdote/an example/a short story/a poem/ etc. about good selfless Leadership and bad self-servicing leadership.
- Define Leadership and give various perspectives.
- Give traits of a good leader.
- Mention about Selflessness, Integrity, team building, empathy, motivator, etc.
- It is a transition statement between introduction and body of the essay.
- In thesis statement, you should write outline of the body with your own arguments. You should prove these arguments in body of the essay with relevant examples.
Body of the essay:
- Explain why leadership can become an avenue for self-service.
- The desire for money, power and authority.
- Comparatively lower accountability
- Explain with examples.
- Explain how leadership can become an avenue for self-service.
- Misuse of power
- Authoritarianism etc.
- Importance and benefits of being selfless while in a leadership position –
- Goal Attainment.
- Team Management and Dedication.
- Motivation and Focus.
- Dispute Redressal.
- One can elaborate on examples of Good Leaders like M S Dhoni, Mahatma Gandhi, etc.
- Also one can mention examples of Bad Leaders like – Hitler, Mussolini, Corrupt politicians etc.
- Leadership as a platform to render service to people.
- Elaborate on Individual good Vs Social good.
- Discuss how leadership is an opportunity with authority and resources to do good for others.
- A selfless leader can lead by example which can inspire others to act selflessly.
- Elaborate Ethical and Moral perspective on service to people.
- Discuss how civil services can be used for selfless leadership which promotes service to people.
- Discuss various challenges in acting as a Leader rendering service to people.
- Mention ways to produce selfless leaders.
- Moral education and awareness.
- Legal provisions providing suitable checks and balances.
- Incentives for a selfless leader.
- Punishments for selfish leaders.
- Socio-religious values, etc.
- Conclude by summarizing the entire essay in a paragraph with a positive perspective about leadership as a platform to render service to others.