Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 09 January 2023
- How India’s millets will benefit from the International Year of Millets
- A case for increasing the retirement age
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has declared 2023 to be the International Year of Millets, as proposed by India (IYM).
- Prime Minister aims to make IYM 2023 a ‘People’s Movement’ and also to position India as the ‘Global Hub for Millets’.
GS Paper-3: Major Crops – Cropping Patterns in various parts of the country
Why is increasing millet consumption and production important for India? Discuss in light of the International Year of Millets in 2023.
Click Here To Read More: How India’s Millets Will Benefit From The International Year of Millets
- In recent times, various governments and stakeholders have advocated for raising the retirement age for government employees in India.
- The EPFO chief requested that the pension age be raised in order to relieve the pressure on pension payouts.
- Quick action on this front would not only bring India in line with other countries, but there would also be numerous fiscal benefits.
GS Paper-1: Indian Society— Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
GS Paper-2: Welfare of vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States; mechanisms, laws, institutions constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
An increased retirement age will not only put India on par with other countries, but will also result in a lower fiscal burden for social security. Evaluate. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: A Case For Increasing The Retirement Age