Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 10 October 2022
- To go after armed groups, UN peacekeepers require ‘robust’ mandates
- Technology makes life easier for exhausted nomads in J&K
- UN Peacekeeping fatalities due to malicious acts (not illness or accidents), which were previously on the decline, are now on the rise, rising from 13 in 2020 to 25 in 2021 and as many as 26 this year through August.
- In light of this, UN Peacekeeping chief Jean-Pierre Lacroix has stated that peacekeeping soldiers require a more robust or proactive mandate, as well as better equipment.
- This is necessary to address deteriorating conditions in countries where UN Peacekeepers are stationed.
GS Paper 2: Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate.
‘There is little doubt that the United Nations’ social, economic, and humanitarian work has been far more successful than its peacekeeping role.’ Examine the reliability of this verdict on the United Nations Organization’s work. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: To Go After Armed Groups, UN Peacekeepers Require ‘Robust’ Mandates
The nomadic Gujjar and Bakarwal communities of Jammu and Kashmir have been given smart cards and free transportation to help with their biannual migration.
GS Paper 1: Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
Has religion improved social cohesion in Indian society? Argue (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Technology Makes Life Easier For Exhausted Nomads in J&K