Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 15 September 2022
- Joining the dots to strengthen the patent ecosystem
- Windfall Tax in Energy Sector
There is a surge in start-ups and unicorns in India, and an efficient IPR system is a necessary prerequisite for a healthy startup ecosystem. As a result, the report emphasises the importance of a strong patent system for a knowledge economy and the advancement of technological innovations.
GS Paper – 2 Government Policies & Interventions, GS Paper – 3 Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)
What exactly do you mean by intellectual property rights? Discuss how India should deal with intellectual property rights issues. (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Joining The Dots To Strengthen The Patent Ecosystem
- Finance Minister defended the Centre’s windfall tax on domestic crude oil producers.
- She proposed the windfall tax as a way to rein in the enormous profits made by some oil refiners.
- These refiners chose to export fuel in order to capitalise on rising global prices while affecting domestic supplies.
GS Paper 3: Resource Mobilization
What do you understand by ‘Windfall Tax’? Why has the Union government introduced such a tax recently? Examine its significance for resource mobilization for the country. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Windfall Tax in Energy Sector