Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 16 September 2022
- The seen and unseen consequences of India’s growing water crisis
- The Cabinet has approved the addition of four tribes to the ST list
- The United Nations World Water Development Report 2022 (UN WWDR 2022) of UNESCO has encapsulated global concern about the sharp increase in freshwater withdrawal from streams, lakes, aquifers, and man-made reservoirs, impending water stress, and water scarcity being experienced in various parts of the world.
- The report “Groundwater: Making the Invisible Visible” describes the global challenges and opportunities associated with groundwater development, management, and governance.
- According to the report, groundwater accounts for 99 percent of all liquid freshwater on the planet. However, because this natural resource is poorly understood, it is undervalued, mismanaged, and even abused.
GS Paper 3: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
India is experiencing a water crisis of such magnitude that it is causing widespread unrest. Discuss the causes of such conditions, as well as what needs to be done to address the situation on the ground. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: The Seen and Unseen Consequences of India’s Growing Water Crisis
The Union Cabinet has approved the addition of four tribes to the Scheduled Tribes list.
GS Paper – 2: Constitutional Bodies, Issues Related to SCs & STs
What do you mean by “scheduled tribes”? Examine the quandary surrounding the development of tribes in India. (150 words)
Click Here To Read More: The Cabinet Has Approved The Addition of Four Tribes To the ST List