Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 17 August 2022
- India at 75: Taking a step back from an ecological disaster
- A scheme for India-EU interactions
- Chipko. The Valley of Silence. Narmada. Koel-Karo. Many of us who were passionate about environmental issues as children in the 1970s and early 1980s were inspired by these and other movements.
- As the government responded with a slew of forest, wildlife, and environmental laws and policies, there was hope that India would be able to strike a balance between its development needs and the preservation of its ecological foundations. Is that hope still alive as India celebrates 75 years of independence?
GS Paper 3: Environment conservation
What exactly do you mean by Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)? What are the challenges and importance of EIA in India? (150 words)
Click Here To Read More: India at 75: Taking A Step Back From An Ecological Disaster
• In addition to its 75th anniversary of independence, India celebrated 60 years of diplomatic relations with the European Union (EU).
• Despite its disagreements with the West over the Ukraine crisis, India’s presence as a guest at the recent G-7 summit demonstrates the country’s growing weight in global discussions.
• The European Union and India, as the world’s two largest democracies, share a commitment to protect and promote human rights, a rules-based global order, effective multilateralism, sustainable development, and open trade.
GS Paper 2: Bilateral, regional and global grouping and agreements, India-EU relations etc
In the current geopolitical environment, the EU and India appear to be natural partners, and they must capitalise on existing opportunities. Discuss. (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: A Scheme for India-EU Interactions