Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 21 December 2022
- What exactly are carbon markets, and how do they function?
- Possibility of attracting Global Investment
- The Indian Parliament recently passed the Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill, 2022, rejecting the Opposition’s demand that it be referred to a parliamentary committee for review due to members’ concerns about carbon markets.
- The Bill amends the Energy Conservation Act, 2001, to empower the government to establish carbon markets in India and specify a carbon credit trading scheme.
- The article attempts to define carbon markets, highlights their various types, and discusses the challenges that carbon markets face.
GS Paper – 3: Conservation, Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India’s Interests
Discuss global warming and its consequences for the global climate. Explain, in light of the Kyoto Protocol of 1997, the control measures to reduce the level of greenhouse gases that cause global warming. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: What Exactly Are Carbon Markets, And How Do They Function?
Gita Gopinath recently highlighted our opportunity to attract global investment in an interview, but we must lower trade barriers and promise policy stability if India is to become the world’s next megafactory.
GS Paper -3: Economic Development and Growth; Trade and Investment; Infrastructure.
What are the major trade and manufacturing concerns in India? suggest measures to address these issues. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Possibility of Attracting Global Investment