Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 21 October 2022
- Wage disparities, hard truths, and necessary actions
- The Election Commission’s strategy of naming and shaming voters will not help.
- India plays an important role in the global economic growth and structural transformation story. However, asymmetries continue to abound (exist in large numbers) in the country’s labour market.
- A commensurate improvement in its labour market outcomes, as well as a more equitable distribution of the fruits of economic progress, will spur further economic growth and the benefits that it brings.
GS Paper 1: Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues.
GS Paper 2: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the society, institutions and laws for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections etc
Closing the gender pay gap is critical to achieving social justice as well as national economic growth. Discuss. (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Wage Disparities, Hard Truths, and Necessary Actions
The Election Commission’s Strategy of Naming and Shaming Voters
- The Election Commission recently signed Memorandums of Understanding with over 1,000 corporate entities to monitor “electoral participation of their workforce” and publish those who do not vote on their websites and notice boards.
- According to ECI, the MoUs are only for voter education and facilitation, not for forcing people to vote or for “naming and shaming.”
GS Paper 2: Election and democracy
Discuss the role and functions of India’s election commission. How does India’s Election Commission ensure free and fair elections? (250 Words)
Click Here To Read More The Election Commission’s Strategy of Naming and Shaming Voters