Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 22 October 2022
- The Global Hunger Index: A lesson in measuring hunger incorrectly
- Teaching in mother tongue
According to the recently released Global Hunger Index report, India is ranked 107th out of 123 countries, down from 101st in 2021. The government has rejected the report, claiming it is an attempt to “taint” India, questioning its methodology, and emphasising the government’s significant efforts to improve access to foodgrains for India’s poor.
GS Paper 2: health, hunger and Poverty
Even with a number of programmes in place to combat malnutrition, India faces a formidable challenge. Discuss. (250 words)
Click Here To Read MOre: The Global Hunger Index: A lesson in measuring hunger incorrectly
- The Union Ministry of Education recently released the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for foundational stage education (children aged 3 to 8 years).
- With the unveiling of the first NCF for the foundational stage by the government, pre-primary school children in India have entered the formal schooling system for the first time.
- In addition to dedicating the NCF to early childhood care and education (ECCE), the Minister also announced the launch of ‘Balvatika’ at Kendriya Vidyalayas.
GS Paper 2: Social Justice
It took India 62 years after independence to make schooling a fundamental right for its children, and much more needs to be done. Discuss. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: Teaching In Mother Tongue