Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 27 October 2022
- A renewable energy revolution with agricultural roots
- ISRO’s heaviest rocket
- A private company’s first bio-energy plant has recently begun commercial operations in the Punjab district of Sangrur.
- The plant will convert agricultural waste into wealth by producing compressed bio gas (CBG) from paddy straw, indicating the beginnings of a renewable energy revolution rooted in agriculture.
GS Paper 3: Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
Discuss India’s renewable energy generation capacity. What would be the most cost-effective way to increase India’s renewable energy generation capacity? Elaborate. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: A Renewable Energy Revolution With Agricultural Roots
- The Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) heaviest rocket Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LVM3 or GSLV Mark 3) successfully orbited 36 satellites of OneWeb, based in the United Kingdom.
- It was launched as part of the LVM3-M2 / OneWeb India-1 Mission.
- LVM3-M2 is New Space India Limited’s dedicated commercial satellite mission (NSIL).
- NSIL is a Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Government of India’s Department of Space.
GS Paper 3: Achievements of Indians in science & technology
Despite having distinct foundational objectives in their respective fields, the ISRO proved to be more successful than the DRDO. Discuss. (150 words)
Click Here To Read More: ISRO’s Heaviest Rocket