Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in news?
- Union Human Resource Development Minister interacted with students under “Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” program organized under the Fit India campaign, by the Government of India.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) also announced that it would launch a new series of fitness sessions for school going children in the Fit India Active Day program under the Fit India campaign.
Fit India Campaign
- The nation-wide Fit India Movement aims to motivate every Indian to incorporate simple, easy ways of staying fit in their everyday life.
- Significance: The initiative is the need of the hour and it will lead the country towards a healthy future.
- A committee has been formed to advice government on this campaign.
- As per union HRD department directive states and union territories can request for funds as per guidelines to procure listed fitness items for children studying in government schools.