Recently Imperial College London announced its biggest-ever scholarship programme for Indian students.
Facts for Prelims
Future Leaders Scholarship Programme Overview:
- This scholarship initiative is dedicated to supporting 30 of India’s most outstanding Master’s scholars over the forthcoming three years.
- Recipients of this scholarship will receive comprehensive coverage of their tuition fees and living expenses.
Eligible Fields of Study:
- The scholarship is available for students pursuing Master’s programs in a range of fields, including engineering, natural sciences, business, and medical research.
Promoting Gender Diversity:
- A noteworthy feature of this program is that half of the scholarships have been reserved for female scholars, emphasizing the importance of gender diversity in higher education.
Empowering Talented Students:
- This scholarship program aims to create opportunities for India’s brightest students, allowing them to further their studies and broaden their horizons by attending one of the world’s premier universities.
- In conjunction with the introduction of this new scholarship program, the university has also entered into a partnership with the UK government’s Chevening Scholarships program.
- This collaboration will offer funding for an additional three Master’s scholars from India within the next three years.
-Source: Times of India