Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, the Union Minister of Public Grievances, and Pensions, launched the Grievance Redressal Assessment and Index (GRAI) 2022.
About Grievance Redressal Assessment and Index (GRAI) 2022:
The Grievance Redressal Assessment and Index (GRAI) 2022 is an initiative by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India. Here are some key details about GRAI and the Centralised Public Grievance Redressal and Management System (CPGRAMS):
- Concept and Design: The GRAI was conceptualized and designed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) with the objective of presenting a comparative picture of grievance redressal mechanisms in different organizations.
- Assessment and Ranking: A total of 89 Central Ministries and Departments were assessed and ranked based on a comprehensive index. The assessment focused on four dimensions: Efficiency, Feedback, Domain, and Organizational Commitment. These dimensions were evaluated using 12 corresponding indicators.
- Data Source: The data used for computing the index was collected from the Centralised Public Grievance Redressal and Management System (CPGRAMS) for the period between January and December 2022.
- Online Grievance Redressal Platform: CPGRAMS is an online platform that allows citizens to lodge their grievances related to service delivery to public authorities. It is available 24×7 for citizens to access.
- Connectivity: CPGRAMS serves as a single portal that is connected to all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India as well as the State governments. This enables seamless communication and grievance redressal between citizens and the government.
- Role-Based Access: Each Ministry and State has role-based access to CPGRAMS, allowing them to effectively address and resolve grievances in their respective areas of responsibility.
- Mobile Application: CPGRAMS is also accessible to citizens through a standalone mobile application, making it convenient for individuals to submit their grievances and track the progress of their complaints.