Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Intervention
Why in News?
The 41st edition of Hunar Haat, an effective campaign of “Acclamation to Art” and “Splendour to Skill”, is being organised in Agra, Uttar Pradesh
About Hunar haat:
Nodal: Ministry of Minority affairs
- Hunar Haat is an effective platform wherein opportunity is given to the exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the minority communities.
- Main aim is to provide market exposure and employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts.
- These are organised by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- The USTTAD scheme aims to promote and preserve the rich heritage of the traditional arts & crafts of the minority communities.
- Construction of Hunar Hubs is one of the projects considered under the scheme with the objective of enabling artisans/entrepreneurs to carry out exhibitions/melas/food-courts/skill training under one roof in the identified MCD Headquarters.