Focus: GS-III Indian Economy
Why in news?
Prime Minister will deliver the inaugural address on Day 1 of India Global Week 2020.
India Global Week 2020
- India Global week 2020 brings together 5000 global participants from 30 nations being addressed by 250 global speakers for incisive global discussion over a period of 3 days.
- The aim is to explore business, strategic and cultural opportunities, understand the challenges and make informed decisions.
- Theme of the event is ‘#BeTheRevival: India and a Better New World’.
- India Inc. group, a United Kingdom-based media house, is organising the annual event.
- India Global Week 2020 will also cover business, geopolitics, banking and finance, technology, defence and security, arts and culture, and pharma.
- Apart from the discussion on India’s bilateral ties with the UK in a post-Brexit world, there will be series of country-specific sessions that will cover India’s relationships with countries such as Australia, the US, Japan, and Singapore.
- Numerous investment opportunities that India will offer as the world emerges for the effect of COVID-19 pandemic, will be highlighted to invite investments.