Why in news?
Adequate water to quench thirst of wild animals in Kawal Tiger Reserve
- The worrisome man-animal conflict in Kawal Tiger Reserve (KTR) on account of water seems to be a thing of the past.
- There was no incident of wild animals straying into human habitations for water last year and it will hold good for the current season too as there is enough water for them to tide over the harsh summer in the Reserve
- It is spread over 893 sq km of core area and 1,122 sq km of buffer.
- Kawal Tiger Reserve is located at Jannaram mandal of Mancherial District (Old Adilabad district) in Telangana state of India.
- Govt of India declared Kawal wildlife sanctuary as Tiger Reserve in 2012.
- This sanctuary is catchment for the rivers Godavari and Kadam, which flow towards the south of the sanctuary.