Recently, the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA&FW) has launched three initiatives, namely the Kisan Rin Portal (KRP), KCC Ghar Ghar Abhiyaan and a manual on Weather Information Network Data Systems (WINDS).
GS II: Government policies and Interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- Kisan Rin Portal (KRP)
- Ghar-Ghar KCC Abhiyaan
- Launch of WINDS Manual
Kisan Rin Portal (KRP):
- The Kisan Rin Portal (KRP) is a collaborative effort involving the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW), Ministry of Finance, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- The primary objective of KRP is to revolutionize access to credit services under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme, particularly for farmers.
- It facilitates farmers in availing subsidized agricultural credit through the Modified Interest Subvention Scheme (MISS).
- The portal serves as an integrated hub, offering a comprehensive view of farmer data, loan disbursement details, interest subvention claims, and progress in scheme utilization.
Ghar-Ghar KCC Abhiyaan:
- The “Ghar-Ghar KCC Abhiyaan” is an initiative that emphasizes the government’s commitment to achieving Universal Financial Inclusion, ensuring that every farmer has easy access to credit facilities crucial for their agricultural activities.
- This campaign is scheduled to run from 1st October 2023 to 31st December 2023, with the objective of achieving saturation of KCC accounts among eligible PM KISAN beneficiary farmers.
- The ministry has cross-verified the data of existing KCC account holders against the PM KISAN database, identifying those with KCC accounts and those without.
- The campaign aims to target PM KISAN beneficiaries who do not yet possess KCC accounts and facilitate their seamless integration into the KCC scheme.
Launch of WINDS Manual:
- The WINDS initiative involves establishing a network of Automatic Weather Stations & Rain Gauges at taluk/block and gram panchayat levels.
- This initiative’s core purpose is to create a robust database of hyper-local weather data, which can be used to support various agricultural services.
- The comprehensive WINDS manual, which has been launched, provides stakeholders with a detailed understanding of the portal’s functionalities, data interpretation, and effective utilization.
- It serves as a guide for States and Union Territories in the process of establishing and integrating with the WINDS platform.
- Additionally, the manual offers practical insights into leveraging weather data for improved crop management, resource allocation, and risk mitigation in agriculture.
-Source: Indian Express, PIB