The ‘Nanhi Pari’ programme was recently launched by the Northwest Delhi district administration.
GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Nanhi Pari Programme
- Significance of the Programme
About Nanhi Pari Programme
- ‘Nanhi Pari’ is a scheme to provide a one-stop solution to parents, eliminating their need to visit various offices to obtain documents.
- The programme aims to complete essential services such as provision of a birth certificate, Aadhaar card registration, and opening a bank account for girls delivered in government hospitals in the district before mother and baby are discharged.
- It aims to get registration for schemes for girl children and motherssuch as the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme, the Ladli scheme, and Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana done at the hospital itself.
- The basic objective of most of these schemes is to protect the life of the girl child and to provide a safe environment and education facilities for them.
Significance of the Programme
- The programme makes the procedure of applying for schemes as simple as possible for both children and moms;
- Parents would no longer have to go from one place to another in order to apply for important programmes.
- The programme also strives to promote institutional deliveries in addition to ensuring that schemes reach their intended recipients and preserving the rights of girls.
- This will reduce the maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rate.
-Source: Indian Express