Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government inaugurated the National Mission on “National Air Quality Resource Framework of India (NARFI)”.
- The NARFI is an information mechanism to help decision-makers in government, municipalities, start-ups and in the private sectors to address air pollution issues in different climatic zones of India.
- Research-based audited Information and industry-oriented solutions will be shared in an easy-to-understand format.
- The short-term basic training modules tailored for different groups such as active ground level staff in government establishments, implementers, media and policymakers, would be an integral part of the framework.
- NARFI has been developed by the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bengaluru.
To help enrich communication and enhance general awareness, leading to self-mitigation.
- It will will enable knowledge creation, developing infrastructure and industrial structures and studying its effects on human health in the country.
- It will provide an all-inclusive guide to collecting air quality data, studying its impact and implementing science-based solutions.