Focus: GS II- e-Governance
Why in News?
NITI Aayog has launched the NDAP for open public use.
What is NDAP?
- The platform aims to democratize access to public government data by making data accessible, interoperable, interactive, and available on a user-friendly platform.
- It hosts foundational datasets from various government agencies, presents them coherently, and provides tools for analytics and visualization.
- NDAP follows a use-case-based approach to ensure that the datasets hosted on the platform are tailored to the needs of data users from government, academia, journalism, civil society, and the private sector.
- All datasets are standardized to a common schema, which makes it easy to merge datasets and do cross-sectoral analysis.
Types of datasets available
- Internal & External Affairs
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry
- Socio-Economic development
- Power & Natural Resources
- Human Resources Development
- Science and Technology
- Consumer Affairs
- Culture and Tourism