Why in News?
- The Air Passengers Association of India (APAI) wants the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) — to be fine tuned and recalibrated
- In his outlook for 2020, APAI president D. Sudhakara Reddy said there was a growing cacophony of claims by airlines about poor bottom lines and other difficulties being faced by them, which are unsubstantiated
- There are 449 airports in the country including helipads.
- A majority of the unserved and underserved airports are in this category, the APAI president said.
- Those with scheduled services, sometimes, see footfalls as few as 7,000