Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) are used to create digital display in many devices. What are the advantages of OLED displays over Liquid Crystal displays?
- OLED displays can be fabricated on flexible plastic substrates.
- Roll-up displays embedded in clothing can be made using OLEDs.
- Transparent displays are possible using OLEDs.
Select the correct answer using the code given below (2017)
a) 1 and 3 only
b) 2 only
c) 1 , 2 and 3
d)None of the above
A major advantage of OLED over LCD is that it is lightweight and has flexible plastic substrates.
- OLED displays can be fabricated on flexible plastic substrates, leading to the possible fabrication of flexible organic light-emitting diodes for other new applications, such as roll-up displays embedded in fabrics or clothing.
- If a substrate like polyethylene terephthalate (PET) can be used, the displays may be produced inexpensively.
- Furthermore, plastic substrates are shatter-resistant, unlike the glass displays used in LCD devices.