- National Institute of Bank Management in Pune
- MoU between India and Iceland in the field of Sustainable Fisheries
- BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise
- New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC)
- Combating Drug Trafficking for BIMSTEC Partner Nations
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BANK MANAGEMENT IN PUNE
- Banks are fulcrum of our economic system
- Our Constitution promises economic justice for all citizens
- Banks have done a commendable job in changing banking from an elitist pursuit to a service available to common man.
- We should aim to have more than just one name in the world’s top 100 banks.
MoU BETWEEN INDIA AND ICELAND IN THE FIELD OF SUSTAINABLE FISHERIES
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Iceland in the field of Fisheries.
- The MoU will strengthen the existing friendly relations between India and Iceland and will enhance consultation and cooperation on Fisheries including consultation on bilateral issues
BIMSTEC DISASTER MANAGEMENT EXERCISE
- 2nd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise on flood rescue happened at the Ramachandi Beach, Puri (Odisha).
- Delegates & rescue teams of five member nations namely- India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Myanmar, of BIMSTEC group participated in this exercise with great zeal and enthusiasm.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organisation of seven nations of South Asia and South East Asia, housing 1.5 billion people and having a combined gross domestic product of $3.5 trillion (2018).
- The BIMSTEC member states—Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan—are among the countries dependent on the Bay of Bengal.
NEW DELHI INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION CENTRE (NDIAC)
- The New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC), Act 2019 was enacted with a view to provide for the establishment and incorporation of the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre
- Purpose of creating an independent and autonomous regime for institutionalized arbitration
- To make it a hub for institutional arbitration and to declare the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre to be an institution of national importance
- As per section 5 of the Act, NDIAC will be headed by a Chairperson, who has been a Judge of the Supreme Court or a Judge of a High Court or an eminent person, having special knowledge and experience in the conduct or administration of arbitration, law or management
- To be appointed by the Central Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of India.
COMBATING DRUG TRAFFICKING FOR BIMSTEC PARTNER NATIONS
- Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is organizing the conference.
- This platform will provide the opportunity to all the member nations to deliberate on The increased threats posed by drug trafficking and the collective steps that are required to negate the threats by learning from the best practices adopted by member countries.
- Asian countries are increasingly being affected by drug trafficking and BIMSTEC, being the key link between South Asian and South East Asian Nations is one of the most effective platforms to tackle this global threat.
- NCB is the apex agency for exercising powers and functions of the Central Government under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and is also the nodal agency for matters pertaining to drug law enforcement in India.
- It coordinates and actions taken by various agencies of Central and State Governments related to drug law enforcement in the country and matters pertaining to drug abuse.
- Further, NCB is also the nodal agency of the Government of India at the international level in all matters pertaining to Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances.