- DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA-GRAMEEN KAUSHALYA YOJANA
- NATIONAL STARTUP ADVISORY COUNCIL
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA-GRAMEEN KAUSHALYA YOJANA
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Interventions
Why in news?
Alumni meets organized across the country under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY), commemorating 75 years of Independence.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya – Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
- DDU-GKY is a placement linked skill development program which allows skilling in a PPP mode and assured placements in regular jobs in an organization not owned by the skilled person.
- The Vision of DDU-GKY is to “Transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce”.
- It aims to target youth, in the age group of 15–35 years. DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
- DDU-GKY is being undertaken as PPP Project all over the country through Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) registered with the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Further, Guidelines of the scheme mandate State Governments to take up skill training projects with Corporate Social Responsibility funding.
- DDU-GKY Guidelines provide for setting apart 15% of the funds of the funds at for national level beneficiaries from among minority groups.
- Under this programme, disbursements would be made through a digital voucher directly into the student’s bank account as part of the government’s skill development initiative.
NATIONAL STARTUP ADVISORY COUNCIL
Focus: GS II- Governance
Why in news?
Minister of Railways, Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution chaired the first meeting of National Startup Advisory Council(NSAC).
About National Startup Advisory Council(NSAC):
Composition of the Council
- Chairman: Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Convener of the Council: Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Ex-officio Members: Nominees of the concerned Ministries/Departments/Organisations not below the rank of Joint Secretary.
- Non-official members, to be nominated by the Central Government, from various categories like founders of successful startups, veterans who have grown and scaled companies in India, persons capable of representing the interests of investors into startups, etc. The term of the non-official members will be for a period of two years.
Roles and functions:
- Suggest measures to foster a culture of innovation amongst citizens and students in particular, promote innovation in all sectors of economy across the country.
- Suggest measures to facilitate public organizations to assimilate innovation with a view to improving public service delivery, promote creation, protection and commercialization of intellectual property rights.
- Suggest making it easier to start, operate, grow and exit businesses by reducing regulatory compliances and costs, promote ease of access to capital for startups, and incentivize domestic capital for investments into startups.
- Mobilize global capital for investments in Indian startups, keep control of startups with original promoters and provide access to global markets for Indian startups.