- Special Outreach Programme of Central Government
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL)
- Wings of India 2020
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
- Promotion and protection of ancient Indian languages
SPECIAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
Why in news?
- The Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that 1000acre (8,000 Kanal) land has been identified in Udhampur and allotted for industrial development.
- He even reviewed good governance schemes like JEEVIKA and SUKOON in bihar
DEDICATED FREIGHT CORRIDOR CORPORATION OF INDIA (DFCCIL)
Why in news?
- The 14th Foundation Day of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL) was celebrated at a function in New Delhi on 18th January 2020.
- It is necessary to have separate tracks for freight and for passengers to ensure faster movement of both. Shri Piyush Goyal said that Indian Railways should run freight trains in convoys for maximum utilisation of the path and increasing the average speed of freight trains.
- Aim is to achieve 991 kms of dedicated fright corridor by march 2020
More about DFCCIL
- The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) corporation run by government of India’s Ministry of Railways to undertake planning, development, and mobilisation of financial resources and construction, maintenance and operation of the Dedicated Freight Corridors.
- The DFCCIL was registered as a company under the Companies Act 1956 in 2006
WINGS OF INDIA 2020
Why in news?
Indian aviation and technology leaders gathered in Bengaluru for industry meet ahead of “Wings India 2020”, Asia’s largest civil aviation event.
What is wings of India 2020?
- Wings India 2020, a flagship event of the Indian Civil Aviation industry will be held at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad from 12-15 March 2020
- ‘Wings India 2020’- a four-day event themed: “Flying for All’’ is an international platform focused on the new business acquisition, investments, policy formation and regional connectivity in the civil aviation industry
NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
Why in news?
NDRF celebrates its 15th Raising Day on 18th january
Since its inception in 2006, NDRF has saved more than One lakh lives in its 3100 operations and rescued/evacuated over 6.7 lakh people during disasters.
- Created by enactment of the Disaster Management Act on December 26th , 2005.
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) was constituted to lay down the policies, plans and guidelines for disaster management.
- In 2006, NDRF was constituted with 8 Battalions
- At present, NDRF has a strength of 12 Battalions with each Battalion consisting of 1149 personnel- three each from the BSF and CRPF and two each from CISF, ITBP and SSB
PROMOTION AND PROTECTION OG ANCIENT INDIAN LANGAUGES
- They offer a window to our ancient civilisational values, knowledge and wisdom
- Central Institute of Classical Tamil (CICT) and International Institute of Tamil Studies (IITS)are putting tremendous effort in translation of Thirukkural into all Indian languages and also in some foreign languages
- There is a need to Harness the power of technology to preserve & promote the rich heritage of Indian languages
Classical languages in India
- “Classical Language in India” is an official status within the Republic of India, awarded by the Government of India. It is without direct relation to the usual definition of “classical language”
- Presently 6 languages have been recognised as classical language in India, which are Kannada, Malayalam, Odia, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu
|LANGUAGE||NUMBER OF SPEAKERS AROUND THE WORLD|