- The Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA)
- National Data and Analytics Platform
- MV Registration Mark “DD” Assigned to New Union Territory ‘Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu’
- Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
THE FORUM OF THE ELECTION MANAGEMENT BODIES OF SOUTH ASIA (FEMBOSA)
- The Election Commission of India is going to host the 10th annual meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA)
- FEMBoSA was established at the 3rd Conference of Heads of Election Management Bodies (EMBs) of SAARC Countries held at New Delhi from April 30 to May 2, 2012 through a unanimously adopted resolution
- The last (9th) annual meeting of FEMBoSA was held in Dhaka in September 2018
- FEMBoSA represents a very large part of the democratic world and is an active regional association of the election management bodies of South Asia.
- The objectives of the Forum are to promote contact among the EMBs of the SAARC countries; share experiences with a view to learning from each other and cooperate with one another in enhancing the capabilities of the EMBs towards conducting free and fair election
NATIONAL DATA AND ANALYTICS PLATFORM
- Recently NITI Aayog released its vision for the National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP)
- The platform aims to democratize access to publicly available government data. It will host the latest datasets from various government websites, present them coherently, and provide tools for analytics and visualization
- NDAP will follow a user-centric approach and will enable data access in a simple and intuitive portal tailored to the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- NDAP will spearhead the standardization of formats in which data is presented across sectors
- NDAP is seeking to address
three main gaps.
- One, all datasets are not published in a user-centric manner that is analyzable and visually presented.
- Two, there are a multitude of datasets out there that is not easily accessible.
- The NDAP proposes a simple, interactive, visual, and robust platform that will host various Central and state government datasets.’
MV REGISTRATION MARK “DD” ASSIGNED TO NEW UNION TERRITORY ‘DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI AND DAMAN AND DIU’
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has assigned a new motor vehicle Registration Mark “DD” to ‘Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu’ for registration of vehicles.
- A new Union Territory has been formed after merger of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
- The Ministry has issued a Notification No. S.O. 295(E) dated 22nd January, 2020 to this effect, under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE AAPDA PRABANDHAN PURASKAR
- In order to recognise the excellent work done by individuals and institutions in India in the field of disaster management, Government of India has instituted an annual award known as Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
- A good deal of work is done in research/ innovations in early warning, prevention, mitigation, preparedness, rescue, relief and rehabilitation.
- For the year 2020, Disaster Mitigation & Management Centre, Uttarakhand (in the institution category) and Shri Kumar Munnan Singh (Individual category) have been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar for their commendable work in Disaster Management
- Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre (DMMC), Uttarakhand discharges the functions of State Disaster Management Authority under the Government of Uttarakhand.