- Agreement between India and Sweden regarding Seafarer Certificates
- SDG India Index
- Chinese Sign boards at ASI sites
AGREEMENT BETWEEN INDIA SWEDEN REGARDING SEAFARER CERTIFICATES
Why in News?
The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the Agreement between India and Sweden on Recognition of Seafarer Certificates.
- The Agreement will pave the way for recognition of maritime education and training, certificates of competency, endorsements, training and documentary evidence and medical fitness certificates for seafarers issued by the Government of both the countries.
- The Agreement will be beneficial to both the countries as Sweden is a ship owning nation while India is a net seafarers supplying nation.
NITI AAYOG TO LAUNCH SDG INDIA INDEX
Why in News?
NITI Aayog will launch the second edition of the Sustainable Development (SDG) India Index on 30th December 2019.
- The SDG India Index Documents and Tracks the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards Implementing the 2030 SDG Targets and Ranks them.
- SDG India Index is the first tool developed by any large country to monitor the progress towards achieving SDGs at sub-national level.
- NITI Aayog has the mandate of overseeing the adoption and monitoring of SDGs in the Country.
- This index was developed in Collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), the United Nations in India and the Global Green Growth Institute.
CHINESE SIGN BOARDS SET UP AT 5 ASI PROTECTED SITES
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (IC) has said that sign boards in Chinese language have been put up at 5 Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) protected sites
- located in Uttar Pradesh.
- The archaeological sites at Sarnath, the Buddhist relics at Chaukhandi Stupa, Kushinagar and the Mahaparinirvana Temple, Piparahwa and Shravasti.
- The objective is to increase the number of tourists from foreign countries.