- National Technical Textiles Mission
- Raise 2020:
- Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Portal for Monitoring prices of TOP Crops
- Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator
- Special Committee for Inter-Linking of Rivers
NATIONAL TECHNICAL TEXTILES MISSION
- Technical textiles are textiles materials and products manufactured primarily for technical performance and functional properties rather than aesthetic characteristics.
- Technical Textiles products are divided into 12 broad categories (Agrotech, Buildtech, Clothtech, Geotech, Hometech, Indutech, Mobiltech, Meditech, Protech, Sportstech, Oekotech, Packtech) depending upon their application areas
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval to set up a National Technical Textiles Mission with a total outlay of Rs 1480 Crore, with a view to position the country as a global leader in Technical Textiles.
- The Mission would have a four year implementation period from FY 2020-21 to 2023-24.
- The Mission will have four components:
- Component -l (Research, Innovation and Development)
- Component -II (Promotion and Market Development)
- Component – III (Export Promotion)
- Component- IV (Education, Training, Skill Development)
Two-day International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine concluded with New Delhi Declaration on Collection and Classification of Traditional Medicine (TM) Diagnostic Data”.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) jointly commenced the fifth edition of Ex Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan on 24 Feb 2020.
The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’.
RAISE 2020 is a first of its kind, global meeting of minds on Artificial Intelligence to drive India’s vision and roadmap for social empowerment, inclusion and transformation through responsible AI.
The event will start with a Startup Challenge – Pitchfest followed by the two-day summit, organized by Government of India along with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will witness robust participation from global industry leaders, key opinion makers, Government representatives and academia.
INTELLIGENCE AND EARLY WARNING SYSTEM (MIEWS) PORTAL FOR MONITORING PRICES OF TOP CROPS
By Ministry of food processing and industry.
Evacuation of surplus production from producing areas to consumption centres will be undertaken as determined by the following:
- When the prices fall below preceding 3 years’ average market price at the time of harvest;
- When the prices fall more than 50% compared to last year’s market price at the time of harvest;
- When the prices fall less than the benchmark, if any, fixed by the State / Central Government for a specified period.
The salient features of the MIEWS portal include:
- A dashboard that would indicate low price and high price alerts as well as price forecasts for 3 month forward
- Prices and arrivals of TOP crops across the country including interactive charts and comparisons with previous seasons
- Area, Yield and Production of TOP crops
- Crop Agronomy and Trade Profile of each of the TOP crops
- Regular and special reports on the market situation of the TOP crops. The portal will have public and private sections into which the aforementioned features would be divided. Sections like Prices and arrivals, Area, yield and production, Crop Agronomy and Trade Profile would be accessible to the public while the regular and special market intelligence reports and price forecasts would be accessible only to the policy makers.
HIGHER EDUCATION LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR ADMINISTRATOR
The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched‘ Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’– a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI), which aims to deliver a leadership development programme for middle and senior level administrative functionaries in Indian Universities
SPECIAL COMMITTEE FOR INTER-LINKING OF RIVER
The Union Minister of State for Jal Shakti and Social Justice & Empowerment, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria chaired the 17th Meeting of the Special Committee for Inter-Linking of Rivers (ILR)
Addressing the meeting, Shri Kataria said the Inter-Linking of Rivers is a dream project of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He said the ambitious project comprises 16 rivers of Himalayan origin and 14 in peninsular region. Shri Kataria said the Detailed Project Report (DPR) in respect of Ken-Betwa Inter-State Link Project involving Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh has been completed and hoped work on the project will begin soon
The meeting reviewed the status of the various ILR projects, namely
- Ken-Betwa Link Project,
- Cauvery (Kattalai)-Vaigai-Gundar link (IBWT),
- Bedti-Varda link (IBWT),
- Damanganga (Ekdare)-Godavari link (Intra-State),
- Damanganga-Vaitarna-Godavari link (Intra-State),
- Damanganga-Pinjal and Par-Tapi-Narmada Link Projects,
- Alternative proposal of Diversion of Godavari waters upto Cauvery basin,
- Manas-Sankosh-Teesta-Ganga (MSTG) link and
- Integration of Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project with Parbati- Kalisindh-Chambal link